Thursday, July 1, 2010

Biker Babe

I've taken to riding my bike whenever possible....for the exercise....but also for the environment. I crashed my bike when I was a kid and was afraid to get back on a bike for a long time. A little over a year ago, a friend gave me an old bike when my car was broken down and I was in need of an alternate mode of transportation. I wasn't sure about the idea of getting back on....but once I did....I found I was a natural. I've been biking ever since. It's a great way to start the day, with the fresh air on your face, and it's oh so nice to get a good workout in on the commute home. It's also amazing when a tank of gas lasts a couple of weeks.

I've always felt a bit awkward on my bike considering I don't have any 'biking gear'. I tend to ride in whatever it is I'm wearing to work. If that means a summer dress and sandals....so be it! I told someone I wasn't a 'real biker' because I didn't have the gear.....he said....you're one of the only 'real bikers' I know! I guess he was right. It doesn't matter what you look like on your bike....just that you ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment